Ok… just… what? What are you advertising here?

I look at this picture and am confused. I assume it’s advertising something, but what? “Regency”, whatever that is? Is there a product called Guess? What are they selling? What are they called. Plus, this is on a billboard, so by the time I pay attention to it it’s already past.
This billboard is a really good example of not being in any way clear when advertising a product. Again, I assume something is being advertised. I’m not really sure, to tell the truth. Maybe some rich software magnate just stuck a picture up on a board and put “Guess” next to it. Maybe Regency is a street sign.
The point is, I can’t tell. Whether this particular billboard is advertising something or not, it is an uncommon, but not unknown issue. Every now and then an advertiser will make an ad that just leaves the audience confused.
And I am confused.
No comments:
Post a Comment